We aim to answer all questions and queries by email or phone within a maximum of 24 hours.
Payment & Methods:
We accept Direct Credits, EFTPOS or cash payment.
You can collect your kayak at arranged appointment times (preferably on weekdays as we are not normally open during weekends). Weekend pickups can be arranged by appointment.
Your kayak will be sent the next working day after receiving payment, with normal North Island delivery within 1-2 working days and South Island 2-3 days. Delays can occur over peak times (e.g. Christmas or long weekends). You will need to be present to receive the delivery and sign for it as being in good condition; the freight company can call you first if required.
We do not offer Saturday delivery.
***Please note Freight calculated on purchase does not include any Rural freight. Please ask for a rural price to your address before proceeding as these are extra costs that vary between destinations and distance from the main depot.
GST Tax Invoices
We are a GST registered company and tax invoices are provided on request.
1. We automatically provide a 12 month return to base warranty on all our products.
2. You must check the item(s) immediately on delivery and report any transit damage or faults to us by email within 24 hours of identification.
Kayaks Direct reserves the right to refuse claims that are made after this time frame.
3. You have the responsibility and expense of sending back the faulty product to Kayaks Direct.
4. You must contact us directly for approval prior to returning.
5. We will replace or repair where possible and refunds will only be offered where a replacement is not available, or a repair not feasible.
6. Products must be returned with all accessories including their original packing materials, cartons and boxes.
7. Kayaks Direct will cover postage back to buyer, except in the case that the returned item is tested and found not faulty or not in the same condition that the buyer reported. In which case, the buyer will be required to pay for return postage costs and the item will be sent back at the buyer’s expense.
8. Warranties are not transferable beyond the original buyer.
9. Your Warranty is valid in New Zealand only.
Warranty Does Not Cover:
1. Normal wear & tear.
2. Misuse, abuse or use of a product for which it was not designed.
3. Neglect and careless storage.
4. Unauthorised repairs or modifications.
Any conditions set out by Kayaks Direct do not supersede your rights under the Consumers Guarantees Act.